The Master’s course in Literary Theory of UNIANDRADE aims to inform, form and qualify professionals in the area of Letters and other similar areas, teachers and researchers, having, as its main emphasis, the elaboration of researches and the production of knowledge related to theory and literary studies, observing the articulation between lines of research, research projects (as well as the intellectual production coming from these projects) and the disciplines offered by the program.
– Operationalize theoretical and methodological instruments able to enrich and widen the academic knowledge of the Program’s professors and students;
– Enhance the students’ capacities of theoretical and critical reflection, providing subsidies to the professionals in Letters and in similar fields, in order to prepare them adequately to work as professors in higher education;
– Provide theoretical instruments that are necessary to the critical reading of texts from Brazilian and foreign literature, especially the ones related to the course’s four lines of research: Poetics of the Contemporary Literary Productions, Politics of Subjectivity, Literature and Intermediality and Creative Writing;
– Stimulate the consolidation of the projects associated to the lines of research of the Master’s course;
– Research different views about the literature itself and about the relationships between literature and other arts and media;
– Focalize aspects as the intermingling of languages that generate new aesthetical possibilities;
– Enable the theoretically supported debate in the different critical trends of literary criticism;
– Approach aspects related to the modern and post-modern poetics;
– Develop, through the Social Insertion Program, courses that improve reading abilities and critical appreciation for the interested people;
– Develop, through the Teacher’s Updating Program, the abilities of reading and the use of critical approaches for Letters teachers who work in basic school, high school and higher education.